We are committed to creating outstanding experiences for the children and families in our centers every day. What does that look like in our centers? Here’s how it works:
- We ask lots of questions and we listen for the answers. We know that healthy brains are developed through responsive relationships between children of all ages and caring adults.
- We sing, read and chat. We know that children are learning at every moment they are with us.
- We teach kindness and self-esteem. We want all children to thrive in the world and we know that social and emotional skills are essential to their growth.
- We prepare children to succeed in school and in life. What really sets our classrooms apart is the thoughtful teaching that helps children learn to stay focused, be flexible and to think before they act.
This daily work with the children in our care is supported by our custom curriculum, education experts, and opportunities for professional development for teachers and staff. We are also committed to achieving 100 percent accreditation for all eligible centers – and that puts us head and shoulders above the rest of the industry.
At KinderCare Education, we know learning begins at birth and that the first five years of life are the most critical in a child’s development. That’s why, through our community partnerships, we aim to enhance educational opportunities for children and families by providing volunteer, in-kind, and financial contributions.
We support organizations that emphasize the importance of early childhood literacy and provide underserved children and families access to books. We work with local organizations such as Read BIG, Schoolhouse Supplies, Start Making a Reader Today (SMART), and The Children’s Book Bank, which has enabled us to get books into the hands of thousands of children who need them most.
We believe in giving back to programs that benefit children of all ages in the communities where we work and live. KinderCare Education is proud of our continuing partnerships with these key non-profit organizations:
- Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest
- Metropolitan Family Service
- Portland Trail Blazers
- Schoolhouse Supplies
- Start Making a Reader Today
- The Children's Book Bank
- The Dougy Center